AT HOME: NEW Yucatan Shrimp Flatbread
We are going to bring you step-by-step instructions on how to make our Yucatan Shrimp Flatbread.
Flatbreads are quick and easy to make with a few ingredients and some store-bought dough! If you are blessed in the arts of cooking and can make your own flatbread absolutely do so but for convenience sake, our recipe is going to be made with already made dough. You can get pre-made dough from your local Italian deli or even your local Publix.
We will be suggesting toppings and different combinations to make our Yucatan flatbread, but we want you to put your own twist on our recipe.
Loved the recipe? Share your finished flatbreads on our Instagram page or Facebook and tag @docfords!
1 1/2 pound of chopped up shrimp
1 pre-made flatbread pizza dough
¾ cup Yucatan Sauce
½ stick of butter ( how spicy you want your Yucatan Sauce to be)
2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ tsp basil
½ tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper- to taste
½ chopped yellow onion
Or any other toppings your choose! Have fun with it.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by taking your 1 ½ pound shrimp and rinse clean. Dry off with a paper towel and bring over to a cutting board where you will want to chop your shrimp into bite-sized pieces and place them in the fridge till ready to use. This makes it easier to distribute on your flatbread.
- Start your stove at medium heat and melt the butter in a saucepan. Gently mix in your Yucatan Sauce until butter is completely melted and mixed together smoothly. Leave on low heat while you prepare your flatbread.
- Take your pre-made flatbread and place it in the oven for 5 mins.
- While your flatbread is getting crispy, take your tomatoes and mozzarella and cut them into slices. Once you have them sliced, place those slices on your flatbread in the oven and leave it for 5-6 mins. The mozzarella tomatoes should be nicely cooked on top of your flatbread if not, ad a minute or two to your timer.
- Now you can take your chopped-up shrimp and mix it with your Yucatan Sauce. Once completely coated in Yucatan Sauce you can evenly distribute the chopped shrimp along with your flatbread.
- You will leave your flatbread in the oven for the next 10-15 minutes depending on how thin your flatbread is. The thinner the crust the less time it will take to make your flatbread have that nice “crunch”.
- Let the flatbread cool off and enjoy!
Yucatan Sauce is available for purchase. CLICK HERE.