NEW RECIPE RELEASE: Yucatan Chicken Sliders
Our chefs have put together a list of items that will help you through this year’s Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!
What to serve for Thanksgiving this year.
To purchase the most important ingredient click, Yucatan Sauce.
Let’s start the party off with some homemade Yucatan Chicken Sliders.
Ingredients: For the Chicken
2 large Chicken Breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets
1 ⅓ cup of flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 ⅓ Panko bread crumbs
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Slider Buns (We used Hawaiian Bread)
Slices of pickles as needed
Ingredients: For the Buttermilk Marinade
1 cup buttermilk
Paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt for seasoning
Ingredients: For the Yucatan Sauce
2 cups of Yucatan Sauce (no butter)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup chopped garlic
⅓ cup lime juice
Salt for seasoning
Ingredients: For Spicy Mayo (Yucatan Style)
⅓ tbsp Mayo
⅓ tbsp Yucatan Sauce (no butter)
Black pepper and cayenne for seasoning
- Drip dry the chicken breast and place it on a cutting board. Slice the 2 chicken breasts into 4 fillets by cutting them in half.
- In the meantime, turn the stove on med-high and fill your frying pan with vegetable oil ready to fry your fillets.
- Grab a long sheet of plastic wrap and place it on top of the 4 fillets and with a meat tenderizer, make sure the fillets are nice and equally flattened.
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk, and seasoning to create the buttermilk mixture.
- Drip dry the chicken breast and heavily coat in flour then drip dry into buttermilk mixture. Finish by coating the chicken breast completely with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Once your oil is nice and hot, begin to dip your breaded fillets in until crispy brown.
- While those are cooking, take a medium mixing bowl and combine the Yucatan Sauce (no butter), vegetable oil, chopped garlic, lime juice, and salt.
- Place the crispy brown fillets into a bowl with your Yucatan mixture and give it a good mix for coating.
- You will now need to cut your Yucatan chicken into bite-sized pieces for your sliders.
- Lightly toast your slider buns and cover the bottom bun with our spicy mayo and 1-2 sliced pickles.
- Stick a skewer for stability. See below.
Congratulations! You finished our how-to- tutorial of our Yucatan Chicken Sliders.
Snap a picture of your finished sliders and tag #docfords in your post! We would love to see what you create!